PROJECT ENGINEER/CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
SkyView Excavation & Grading, Inc has an opening for a Project Engineer. Our services include Mass Excavation, Heavy Highway Excavation & Grading, Dam Construction and Reconstruction, Site Preparation and Utilities as well as Rock Crushing and Sand & Gravel Sales.
- Will be responsible for providing technical information to the Project Manager, Superintendent and Subcontractors.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the customer and other contractors throughout the duration of construction projects.
- Communicate design details and project management to ensure efficient progress of the project.
- Respond to RFI’s.
- Create layouts and detailed engineering for projects that stay within the budget, schedule and scope of the project.
- Project Close-out.
- Prepare and send submittals.
- Assist Project Managers with change orders.
- Create schedules using Primavera Contractor Software.
- Work with Trimble GPS and other site positioning equipment. This will include handheld and machine control systems.
- Attend job coordination and other meetings as required.
- Lead weekly safety meetings with company crews.
- Cost Control.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word & Excel
- Primavera Contractor Scheduling Program
- Prior experience with Trimble GPS equipment is preferred
- Must be able to estimate jobs, prepare take-offs, have knowledge of CAD drawings, etc
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications as well as a technical understanding of construction means and methods
- Willingness to make suggestions, ask questions, and express opinions
- Must be able to communicate well
- Must learn quickly
- 2-5+ years of field experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 2 years (Required)
- Construction Project Management: 2 years (Required)
Ready to Apply?
To apply for a position, submit your resume by one of the following method's:
Apply Online Now